Online bookings can be taken for parties of up to 8 people but larger parties are advised to phone the restaurant directly to make their reservation in advance.
Please note that on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings after 7.00pm the restaurant operates an Over 16’s Only policy.
Terms & Conditions
Age Restriction: An Over 16’s Only policy is in place from 7.00pm on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Card details are required for reservations and deposits for large groups
There will be £15.00 per person cancellation fee if the entire booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the reservation date. For December bookings the cancellation notification period is 4 weeks.
If you attend with less guests than you finally confirmed for there will be a charge of £15 for each person who does not attend.
All bookings of 6 or more people shall only be served the Set Menu at all times. When we have live music every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings all bookings of less than 6 must order a minimum of 2 courses (one must be a main course) per person from the a la carte menu or Set Menu. Please see the menus page for more information.
From Thursday – Saturday bookings made at 6.30pm or earlier will be allocated a time slot of a maximum of 2 hours unless agreed otherwise by the management.
All cancellations for bookings of 6 or more guests must be made in writing with a written acknowledgement received in reply from Sarastro Restaurant.
Any pre-theatre bookings eating from the Tenor menu will have to leave by 7.30pm.
With prior agreement with the management guests are welcome to bring birthday/celebratory cakes with them. This will involve a charge of £2.50 for each member of the reservation booked. However, if all members of the table order 3 courses from the set menu then there will not be any charge.
- Smoking, vaping and the use of e-cigarettes is strictly forbidden in the restaurant.
- Sarastro Restaurant cannot be held responsible for the late cancellation of live music performances for reasons beyond our control such as a performer falling ill.
- Please inform the restaurant if you or any of your guests have food allergies.
PLEASE NOTE: On Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from the 1st of December, for bookings of more than 5 guests we shall ONLY be serving the Noel Christmas menu.
If you have the opportunity to be seated on one of the balcony tables please be aware of the following:
- Access is by a narrow staircase
- High heels are not suitable footwear
- To take extra care if consuming alcohol
- Children must be accompanied at all times and not left unattended
- May not be appropriate for guests with mobility difficulties
Terms and conditions for larger groups and December may differ.
At busy times tables will be held for 15 minutes and then released.
We cannot guarantee specific tables in the restaurant but requests are noted.